Most insurance companies that allow out-of-network services will reimburse you for our sessions. I am happy to provide a statement for services rendered for you to submit to your insurer for reimbursement. Please check with your insurance provider for their reimbursement options.
Why I don’t take insurance :
- Insurance coverage is complicated and restrictive.
- Coverage is limited in the amount of financial support you will receive for your sessions.
- Requires a mental health disorder diagnosis
- Does not cover couples or relationship counseling, as insurers do not consider relationship issues medically necessary.
- Stipulates how much support I can provide to you and in what ways, which may or may not be what you need or want.
In regard to the mental health diagnosis, please know that anything added to your medical record ends up becoming a permanent part of your medical record. This includes other documents insurance companies require, such as treatment plans, progress notes, and personal information. Insurers use this information to determine what they will cover in your treatment. In my opinion, these details about you should be kept private and shared only by you, if you so desire.
HSA / FSA Accounts
I do accept Health Savings or Flexible Spending Accounts to cover the cost of our therapy sessions. As long as your HSA/FSA card has a credit card logo, we are good to go! If you don’t have one, I encourage you to inquire with your tax preparer on how to deduct therapy expenses as an out-of-pocket health expense.